Tuesday, September 11, 2012

..and the journey begins!

Time to start blogging!

I think the best place to start is just before I left for London.
My friends threw me a little going away party. It was the most perfect night I could've asked for, surrounded by all the people who are so special to me, with wine, pizza, and cake :)

Upon arrival in London I began ferociously looking for a place to live. It's hard to believe that is how it's done here, but alas, everyone else I met was doing the exact same thing. It took 5 days to find the place that would be my new home, although it felt more like a month or two of serious anxiety, stress and no sleep. Nonetheless, I found my home and LOVE it. I live near the St. James's Park tube (yes, there are really two s's, not my grammatical error) which is so lovely and quiet, but close to the ever crowded and bustling Victoria station should I need more extensive transport connections. I also live about a 5 minute walk to the Wicked theatre, which just makes my soul happy. I'm only 3 tube stops to school, but am far enough away that it's lovely and quiet, rather than overtaken by tourists (which I am no longer! woo-hoo!).

Finally, once I knew I would not be homeless in London, my parents and I had some time to relax and explore. We had so much fun discovering different areas of the city. It was the first time we didn't stay in a hotel and see purely tourist attractions, so it was a whole new experience. We stayed near Marylebone High St and Regents Park, and explored so many areas like Soho, Bloomsbury, Sloane Square, Victoria, and more. It was most incredible to us how many different kinds of food, and totally authentic, one can find throughout this city.  We also saw The Lion King, visited my new school, had afternoon tea and much more. Here are a few photos:




 




 The International Student Orientation, which is three days long, begins tomorrow. I can't wait!... more to come :)



No comments:

Post a Comment